Friday, May 20, 2011

SO MUCH GREAT GOING ON!

It's been a week since the super heart warming concert in Odense Cathedral.
Jonas Haahr Petersen (Hymns From Nineveh) and I played our first duo concert this year at a packed cathedral. The benches were full, every chair brought out from the storage and finally the aisle floor was occupied. The audience - who was from 8-95 years old - was so quiet and attentive and we were floored by their love and response.

Here's a video clip of 'Yours Truly' I found on Youtube from the concert - the natural reverb was insane!! 


Fyens Stiftstidende was there too.
They really liked the concert and put in a 5/6 star review in Sunday's paper.
Read it here (if you have really good eyes and read Danish ;))

 


P1 radio interview
Jonas and I did an interview with P1 for the show 'Klubværelset' - part of a 47 min long broadcast. Our part is on a little past midways into the show. (In Danish)  
Listen to podcast

Saturday night I played the complete opposite kind of show with JOJO DJ Team at Magasinet also in Odense. You know, I really like to put my music in different clothes and setups, and this night it was the clubby house robes that I paraded. The crowd wasn't too big (maybe due to the Eurovision Song Contest...?! S-)), but we had a party with the ones that were there. So thank you Odense for a wonderful weekend - you really have a special place in my heart <3

Music video
We drove home in the night, slept a couple of hours and met up in the film studio Sunday morning to record the music video for my new Lifted House house release 'Soul To My Soul (J Mode & Patchworkz remix) - yea, that's right - I signed with Lifted House :)

We had a killer day with a great crew, some wonderful dancers and an outrageous wardrobe... It was so much fun! Can't wait to see the final video!!
Here's a little tease pic:  


P6 Offbeat
Yesterday Jonas and I visited P6 Beat on DK radio - talking to Carsten Holm and dj'ing some of our favorite duets - warming up for our on duo shows :)
Listen to podcast

Simon & Garfunkel
Oh yea - these days are crazy. Last night Jonas and I performed at Jazzhouse in Copenhagen interpreting 4 Simon & Garfunkel songs as part of a 'We Proudly Present' night. We had a great time arranging and rehearsing these songs, and a great time last night. 5 other great acts played too, and the audience was amazing.
I really enjoyed working with someone else's songs trying to make them mine.
And I really enjoy working with Jonas. It's such an inspiration and blessing.

Shows this weekend!
SO it's with great anticipation I look foreward to the two last duo concerts this Spring - this Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday 21/5 - Malmö, SE: Betlehemskyrkan at 19.00
                           More info 
Sunday 22/5 - Copenhagen, DK: Jazzhouse at 20.00
                           More info and ticket link (good idea to buy tickets in advance)

Both nights the marvelous David Åhlén (SE) will play as well. I already have chills just thinking about his music. http://davidahlen.wordpress.com/

In other words:
I AM REALLY REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THESE 2 NIGHTS!

Hope to see you all!

Love of love,
RebekkaMaria

2 comments:

  1. The review from the paper is really positive. Can you repeat the concert here in Aarhus? I'll gladly show up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ihh... hvor lyder det smukt i kirken!

    ReplyDelete